🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃 🎃
Pumpkins everywhere! It’s getting colder outside, so there is no soup more classic or better in the colder months than pumpkin. This recipe is so creamy and the spices that goes in it elevates the flavor of the pumpkin soup 🥣!
2 tablespoons olive oil
600 to 700 gram pumpkin, quartered
2 yellow onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
a pinch of ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 vegetable bouillon
3 to 4 cups water
2 tablespoon heavy cream
1 tablespoons maple syrup
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C degree. Carefully halve the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Brush olive oil over the flesh of the pumpkin and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the orange flesh is easily pierced through with a fork. Set it aside to cool for a few minutes.
2. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Then add onion and garlic. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. In the meantime, peel the pumpkin skin off the pumpkins and discard the skin.
3. Add the pumpkin flesh, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vegetable bouillon, cayenne pepper and ground black pepper. Gently break up the pumpkin and pour in boiling water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Once the pumpkin mixture is done cooking, stir in the heavy cream and maple syrup. Remove the soup from heat and let it cool slightly.
5. Pour the pumpkin soup into a blender, and blend until the soup is creamy. Then transfer the puréed soup back into the dutch oven and let it simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Pour the pumpkin soup into a blender, and blend until the soup is creamy. Then transfer the puréed soup back into the dutch oven and let it simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes. Taste and adjust if necessary.
7. Ladle the soup into individual bowls. Sprinkle croutons, heavy cream and sprinkle of cayenne pepper over the soup and serve!
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok