A lobster roll and a glass of coke and I’m happy 🙂
2 fresh lobster
4 tablespoon butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice 🍋
1 tablespoon fresh dill
1/2 chicken bouillon
Salt, to taste
Ground pepper, to taste
2 baby cos lettuce, chopped
2 large soft rolls
1. In a large steamer, pour water and bring to boil over high heat. Add live lobsters and quickly cover pot. Steam lobsters until shells are bright red and meat is cooked through, 8–10 minutes. Steaming the lobster preserves a little more flavor and it’s more forgiving on the timing front. It’s harder to overcook a steamed lobster. Once cooked, breakdown and crack the lobster. Set the meat aside.
2. In a large pan, melt 4 tbsp butter on medium heat.Sauté garlic until fragrant.
3. Stir in lobster meat, chicken bouillon, lemon zest and dill. Toss to combine, and let it cook for another 1 min.
4. Slather softened butter on rolls, inside and out. Add rolls to a hot griddle pan and toast on each side.
5. Spoon the lobster meat and garlic butter sauce into roll that has been toasted. Serve immediately with drawn butter if desired.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok