This creamy salmon is rich without being too decadent. The fresh ginger, garlic, lime juice, and coriander brings out the flavor and brightens everything up.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the paste:
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon dried chili or bird’s eye Chilli
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup coconut milk, you can add additional 1/2 cup if you prefer the sauce creamier
- 1 tablespoon palm or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cube fish stock (optional)
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup carrots
- 1/3 cup mushroom
- 1/3 cup long beans
- 1/3 cup cabbage
For the garnish:
- 1/4 cup spring onion
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- In a food processor, add chilli, garlic, lemongrass and ginger. Blend into a paste. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté the paste until golden, about 30 seconds. Add the palm sugar and mix well.
3. Add coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice and stir, scraping the bottom of the skillet to dissolve any bits stuck on the base into the sauce. Increase heat to medium high. Simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Place salmon into the sauce and vegetables, lower heat and simmer gently for 5 to 7 minutes, or until just cooked.
5. Lastly add the garnish and let it simmer for another 1 minute. Adjust salt, fish sauce, lime juice to taste.
6. Serve immediately with a bowl of steamed rice.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok