Korean Street Toast is a grilled egg omelette sandwich filled with crunchy cabbage, carrots, spring onion, mushroom, cheese and turkey bacon. It’s buttery, savory, crunchy and even is a bit salty and sweet!
Watch the video
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, cut into long thin strips
- 1/3 cup mushroom, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 to 4 eggs
- salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 to 8 white/ wholemeal/ cereal sandwich bread
- butter, to spread onto the bread
- 6 to 8 sliced turkey bacon (optional)
- 4 sliced American cheese (optional)
- Chilli sauce or ketchup
- In a small bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, spring onion, mushroom, onions, salt and pepper. Crack in the eggs and mix well.
2. In a large non stick skillet over medium heat, place both slices of the bread on the pan, leave toast until golden brown. Flip to toast on the other side until golden brown. Set aside.
3. In the same skillet, add the turkey bacon and let it cook until golden. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in another large non-stick skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon butter, then add the cabbage mixture. Cook the cabbage omelette just until it turns slightly golden underneath, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Place the toast on the cabbage omelette and carefully divide it into 4 servings. Gently flip and top with cheese, turkey bacon, Chilli sauce/ketchup, mayonnaise and finally the remaining slice of toasted bread. Enjoy!
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok