This simple dish is easy to cook and super tasty! Kimchi and rice is stir fried with minced beef and spicy kimchi! It is also a great way to use up some of your leftover steamed rice.
Watch the video
- 2 to 3 cups cold rice, if using freshly cooked rice, leave it out for 20 to 30 mins or until it cools down
- 100 to 200 gram cup ground beef/ ground chicken
- 1 to 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup Kimchi
- 1/2 Beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup long beans
- 2 to 3 eggs, beaten or cooked sunny side up (your preference)
For the garnish:
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 sheet roasted seasoned seaweed, cut in short strips (optional)
- In a wok or nonstick sauté pan, add oil over medium-low hear, add garlic, onions and ginger. Saute until fragrant.
- Add ground beef and cook until excess liquid from the ground beef evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the long beans, gochujang, light soy sauce, sesame oil, beef bouillon, salt and kimchi. Stir well.
- Break up the cold rice in the wok. Turn heat to medium and stir fry the rice together with the ground beef.
- Push the rice aside and add the beaten eggs and scramble them for about a 45 seconds. Stir and mix well. You can skip this step if you prefer to cook your eggs sunny side up.
6. Garnish with spring onion and roasted seaweed. Enjoy!
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok