This salt and pepper shrimp recipe is so easy and delicious!
- 1 kg prawns, with shell on
- 1 /2 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bird’s eye Chilli, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 belle pepper, diced
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
For the prawn marinate:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Salt & Pepper mix:
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon Five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Star anise powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon White pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorn
MARINADE THE PRAWN:
1. Rinse the shrimp and pat them thoroughly dry with a paper towel. In a bowl, add the prawns and add the ingredients for the prawn marinade. mix well. Let it marinade for 15 minutes.
PREPARE THE SALT AND PEPPER MIX:
2. In a small bowl, add all the ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
LET’S START COOKING
3. In a wok, add vegetable oil. Once oil is hot, lay the prawns in the oil, and fry the prawn in batches, cooking each side for 30 seconds. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate
4. In the same wok, remove any excess oil and leave 1 tablespoon of the remaining vegetable oil . Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Then add the pepper, Chilli, red onion, spring onion. Mix well for 30 seconds.
5. Add the prawns to the wok, and gently toss everything for 10 to 20 seconds, sprinkling over the salt and pepper mixture.
6. Serve immediately with a bowl of steamed rice.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok