This Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce is easy to make and perfect for topping on cakes, ice cream or almost any dessert!
Watch the video..
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 100g salted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium sized saucepan, caramelized then sugar over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Lower the heat to low, add the butter and bring to a boil. When it starts to boil, stop stirring completely. Let the mixture continue boiling for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the heavy cream. The mixture will bubble up quite a bit, so make sure to do this very carefully. Then mix in vanilla and salt one at a time.
4. Pour the caramel sauce into a jar and allow to cool completely, then cover tightly and store in the refrigerator. The caramel sauce will thicken up some once it’s cooled and refrigerated.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok