Recently I’ve been craving for something spicy, especially in this cold weather. So, I thought Tandoori chicken would be nice.
The Tandoori Chicken is marinated in aromatic tandoori spices, yogurt and lemon. I’ve left it to marinade for few hours, however next time I will marinade it overnight.
The grilled tandoori chicken was perfect. It was soft, juicy, flavorful and bursting with flavors of spices. The only thing missing is the unique smoky aroma you get in restaurants.
Watch the video..
- 4 to 6 Chicken leg
- 1 tablespoon Ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 1 inch galangal, bruised
- 1 lemongrass, bruised
For the Tandoori Spice marinade:
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 inch Ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoon Garam Malasa
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri Chilli or Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon Chilli powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoon Mustard Oil (or vegetable oil)
LET’S PREPARE THE TANDOORI CHICKEN MARINADE
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the Tandoori marinade. Mix well and add the chicken. The marinade has to be thick and not of dripping consistency. Leave it to marinade preferably overnight or 6 hours minimum. If you reduce the marination time, chicken will not turn soft and juicy.
LET’S GRILL THE CHICKEN
2. Preheat the oven to 230C for 15 mins.
3. Meanwhile, on a grilling pan and on medium high heat, add oil. Place the chicken and grill for 4 to 5 minutes each side.
4. Then transfer into the oven. Baste the chicken every 10 minutes and let it cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
If you’ve tried the recipe, don’t forget to tag us on instagram at #thespatulaandwok